Alton Ingram MD explains why breast augmentation has become so popular in recent times
As per the American Academy of Plastic Surgeons, breast augmentation is the most commonly performed surgery in the United States, with more than 300,000 surgeries performed every year. Women who choose to go for breast augmentation today come from different walks of life, and socio-economic backgrounds. The introduction of new implants that offer a more natural look and new surgical methods are also encouraging women to get the procedure done.
Alton Ingram MD points out the reasons for the popularity of breast augmentation
Among the various types of plastic surgeries that are available, breast augmentation is one of the most popular surgeries which are usually performed by the experienced surgeons. Alton Ingram MD is a Nashville, Tennessee-based plastic and reconstructive surgeon who focuses his practice on various cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, excluding craniofacial. As a leading plastic surgeon, he points out why the popularity of breast augmentation is increasing:
- The job market of today is highly competitive and most of the employers prefer to take younger employees. Thus, appearing younger can give you a boost in the job market. And breast augmentation is one such process that can give you a youthful appearance. Most of the women are choosing to go for breast augmentation as it can help to restore, repair, or improve their bodies.
- A very common problem among women is the asymmetry of the breast. Asymmetry takes place when one breast is bigger than the other. This condition can be adjusted either by placing an implant in the smaller breast or decreasing the size of the larger breast.
- Reasons for going through breast augmentation differ from woman to woman. Some women select to go through breast augmentation to feel good or to restore their body after pregnancy or weight loss.
- Most of the mothers find that after pregnancy and feeding complain that their breasts sag or look smaller. With breast augmentation, they can restore their pre-pregnancy body. Moreover, with this process, one does not need to worry in case they become pregnant again as breast implants will not affect the health of their baby or their capability to nurse.
- Women who have gone through mastectomy because of breast cancer or any other serious health condition often desire to get back their fit body. This is when breast augmentation can come to the rescue as it can help a person to have symmetrical breasts.
These are some of the reasons that have increased the popularity of breast augmentation.
Alton Ingram MD is an ex-student of the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, where he has attained his medical degree and done his residencies in plastic surgery. Before joining the medical school, he has attended Yale University where he has obtained the Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics and Philosophy. As of now, Dr. Alton Ingram is associated with the Tennessee Medical Association, American Medical Association, and American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. Apart from being a renowned plastic surgeon, he has published articles in peer-reviewed periodicals on medical devices, human anatomy, finance, surgical techniques, and law.