Schizandra is a fruit mostly found in China. It is called as Wu We Zei (Berry of five flavors). The fruit has five flavors-Sweet, Salty, Sour, Pungent and Bitter. As it has such many flavors, it is being used for many purposes in the field of medicine. The fruit reduces aging, boosts up energy levels, reduces stress and also eliminates fatigue. Schizandra adaptogen is used mostly to improve functioning of liver and adrenal gland.
Schizandra berries can be taken in raw form or it can also be taken as a tea when made into powder. You can also take the fruit by adding one or two table spoons of berries into juice (preferably fruit juice).You can also take it in the form of a syrup by soaking the berries into glycerin for a month and consuming a table spoon per day. One can try many recipes with the fruit to consume it in different ways. These berries can be taken as adaptogens perfectly because they are safe with almost less or no side effects, they are natural and they have proven scientific benefits.
Benefits of Schizandra
- The fruit is used in controlling the sugar levels and also improves circulation of blood which helps to improve one’s performance.
- It strengthens one’s resistance to fight various diseases.
- It is used to treat all the ailments related to liver. It also cleanses liver.
- Schizandra works well as an anti-oxidant to protect the body from any effects caused due to oxidation.
- It is best for the people who are suffering from insomnia. It relaxes and soothes one’s body from inside and helps to maintain balance in the body.
- Protects heart from any damages and is also used to treat heart diseases.
- Schizandra is best for mental health. It protects brain from any memory related issues and also known to show good results in improving one’s memory.
- Treats respiratory ailments and purifies lungs. It is best for the people suffering from asthma.
- It is found that the fruit has some characteristics to prevent cancer.
- Treats nerve related issues and diarrhea.
- Treats pre-menstrual problems like mood swings.
- Few people have a problem of lot of sweating which results in loss of salts from their body. Schizandra brings back the lost salts and nutrients.
- Treats excess urination.
- Controls cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
- The fruit is proven to increase libido.
- It is also used to have a glowing skin and to have good looking hair. It helps to reverse hair turning into grey color. Also used to treat eye problems.
- Treats depression.
One big factor for stress is the release of hormones that occur when we feel pressure. These hormones impact totally on our body. Schizandra adaptogen helps to control these hormones.
Probable side effects
It is said that not all edible intakes are suitable for every person. Depending upon a person’s inner body makeup and his genes, that type of food can be taken. In the same way, some people are allergic to schizandra and it may lead to burning of heart and indigestion problems. Few people experience skin allergies by eating this fruit.
Precautions while taking Schizandra adaptogen
Schizandra should not be taken by pregnant women and who are nursing. It is also not advised for the people who have gastroesophageal ailments and ulcers.